Rubi Washboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of getting a rubi washboy for my upcoming bathroom / kitchen / downstairs loo projects but I was wondering what people thought of the sponges that came with it.

Would this kit be enough for all my grouting needs (floor and wall tiles), or is it worth buying a decent grouting sponge / float and use that with this kit?

Also do you use the sponges in this kit (I believe there are two supplied) to do the initial grouting, or do you get a grout float (like a Marshalltown) and just use the sponges in the washboy kit to finish and clean?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Looks like a piece of gimic DIY market kit to me. Never used one but I can’t really see what advantage it will give you over a grouting trowel, a bucket, a couple of sponges & a drying rag costing less than a tenner!

I saw it mentioned in the 'Wall and floor tile basics' post that has been sticked.
(//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=523020#523020)

Seemed like a few people rated them which is why I was asking?

Has know one used one of these / comment on it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back