Rugby World Cup

Sponsored Links
Finally its here, Ireland is worlds no1 team.
Luv to watch the Irish play...hope they do well...Rugby Union worldcup up there with olympics for me..wish I was there.Ireland v All blacks.Dream final!.

Luv to watch the Irish play...hope they do well...Rugby Union worldcup up there with olympics for me..wish I was there.Ireland v All blacks.Dream final!.
Very unlikely to be an Ireland v All blacks final as is an England v NZ one.
Plenty of exciting games to look forward to.

I'm going for a repeat of the 2003 final...

As most matches are on in the morning can we crack a can for breakfast?

Sponsored Links
According to "Wake up to money" on R5L this morning, the Singapore correspondent was discussing the predicted beer consumption at the rugby World Cup.
Apparently, main sponsor Heineken was concerned that the venues weren't set up to serve the anticipated demand.
In comparison at previous world cups, the rugby fans drink SIX times more beer , than the football fans.
(disclaimer ; I haven't checked this claim )

I was travelling on a train to Carlisle on the day England played Italy at St James park, about 11ish a group of beefy guys wearing England shirts boarded and started drinking, when they got off at Carlisle they tidied up the cans and put them in the recycling bin on the station

One of the best RU stories I heard was when Japan beat SA in the last world cup. Both SA fans and Japanese fans were travelling home on the same train. When the train pulled into the station, the SA fans crowded the door and got off the train first. They then waited for the Japanese fans to leave the train. The Japanese fans were tentative. As they disembarked the SA fans applauded them and gave them a guard of honour.

RU. Brilliant sport.

Never cared for rugby

As for a rugby World Cup :LOL: Blimey they must be hard pushed to. Find enough countries to take part :LOL:

A world Cup??? :LOL:

As for any skill in the sport well yeah alright :LOL:

Are the Romanians turning up?

Best advised the other teams keep an eye on there kit ;)

I like watching the games even if my understanding of the rules is somewhat vague. The memory of playing rugby at school is a very different and miserable one.

Bet365 has England as 4-1 jointly with Ireland. NZ favs at 5-4.

very different and miserable one.
Lol ...I bet it was. Never played at school but can imagine there were no rules.....even about gouging punching thumping etc....bit tamer now...cannot even spear tackle them!..

Lol ...I bet it was. Never played at school but can imagine there were no rules.....even about gouging punching thumping etc....bit tamer now...cannot even spear tackle them!..

Not quite it, the ages of ~14 to ~16 are tricky for blokes in rugby. Lucky you hit puberty early, unlucky, you get murdered.

Sponsored Links
Back