run the pump/system without heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have added some central heating cleaner to the small tank in the loft to clean the system out before I drain and refil (and also add a couple of trv's). Is there any way I can run the system but without generating heat....do not really need the rads on yet but need to run the system for the cleaner to circulate.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I would think the cleaner works at its best when it is not, may not be very effective cold.

Agree with nstreet ;) suggest covering rads with old sheets, duvets whatever..then go out for the day,return and flush out.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Also worth noting that this stuff is heavy and will just sit in the bottom of your header tank and not go anywhere....it either needs to be injected straight into a rad or into the feed pipe in the tank and then a few litres drained off the system to get it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back