Run central heating without heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to run the central heating pump without turning the heating on.
The reason being I have just put some cleaner in my sealed system for maintenance. I like it to run around the system but would rather not turn on the heating as it is already too hot outside.

The boiler is vaillant 831 in sealed system.

Sponsored Links
Turn the gas off? Failing that, can you turn the boiler temperature down to as low as it will go and open some windows?

Press the reset button then immediately press and hold +

You'll get a flashing dot followed by P.0

Press i

The pump should now run for about 10 minutes

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to run the central heating pump without turning the heating on.
The reason being I have just put some cleaner in my sealed system for maintenance. I like it to run around the system but would rather not turn on the heating as it is already too hot outside.

Run it for a few minutes.It is not going to heat your house that quick..Turning the gas off will lock the boiler out after a few ignition attempts.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Most cleansers will work a lot better with the system hot, I would not flush cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back