running a cable under a caravan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

very soon i will be running a cable from an outside light on a post next to a static caravan (holidaypark holiday home)and it needs to get to the the CU on the other side, i have seen that T&E has been run previoulsy under the bottom of the caravan but i was wondering whether you have to run the specific flex (3183Y) that is disigned for out side if its only clipped direct or is twin and earth ok as its static?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
it will be clipped direct to the timber under the static caravan

Sorry, I didn't make the question clear. You say
from an outside light on a post next to a static caravan
so how is the cable going to bridge the gap between the post and the caravan - is there a gap?

Sponsored Links
there is a small gap but i will be sorting that by fixing a bridge of timber there, the main question i need answered is the one below if you wouldnt mind helping me out as its much appreciated..............

i have seen that T&E has been run previoulsy under the bottom of the caravan but i was wondering whether you have to run the specific flex (3183Y) that is disigned for out side if its only clipped direct or is twin and earth ok as its static?

That seems to be intended for use in kitchens and utility rooms and I tend towards advising that no kit should be used for a purpose that is not within it's general spec.. This sort of flex might be a better choice if you can't get hi-tuf.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Index/Flex_Rubber/index.html

The spec for this indicates its suitability for outdoor use which the 3183Y doesn't. They are more expensive, but that's because cable/flex for outdoor use has to be manufactured to a higher spec than cable/flex for indoor use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back