Static caravan electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the bathroom in of my static caravan I want to install an electric shower over the bath and an extractor fan .
As the bathroom is small, almost everywhere is Zone 1 or 2.
The only exterior wall (which has a window in it) is above the long side of the bath.
The roof space is not accessible but it would be easy to run the cable underneath floor.

If anyone has experience of this type of installation, I would be pleased to have any tips. Especially:
Is there a fan available which would be suitable for thin wall fitting in this environment?
Would the under floor cable require any extra protection?

The site has several static vans all with individual electricity meters sited in a common weatherproof cabinet. The site owner says that my supply would carry the extra load.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hard wired from outside meter. Inside van all is similar to house installation. Consumer unit to ring main, immersion heater lights etc. Plenty of space adjacent to fit shower consumer unit.
Thanks for prompt reply.

What size is your supply, past experience of caravan parks says anything from 10A upwards - just enough to boil the kettle or use the hair drier, but not both at the same time!!!

Sponsored Links
Its a funny one as I can't make my mind up wether or not it comes under the caravans in the regs or not?? Caravans in the regs come under special locations, they need added precautions such as DP circuit breakers and switches, use of flex cables, PME/TN-CS is banned etc.. Anyway, I wouldn't advise you to go much over 30A for the shower given the size of supply, you also need to check eq. bonding etc.

Thanks for your help.
I cannot believe that no one in the forum has not had to do a static caravan fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back