Running a hdmi wire side across the room

If your floor is a laminat do you have a beading around the edge? If so I have often removed beading and slotted the cable under it, then if required chopped the rear of the beading to fit over the cable. You'll never know its there!:cool:

Sponsored Links
If your floor is a laminat do you have a beading around the edge? If so I have often removed beading and slotted the cable under it, then if required chopped the rear of the beading to fit over the cable. You'll never know its there!:cool:

untill the flooring goes wrong due to someone filling the expansion gap with wires! :oops:

Still i was going to suggest the same method but would need to check some sizes etc to allow for expansion still ;)

Thanks guys! Adding an extra ceiling sounds like a big job! Good luck.

Is the expansion gap the distance between the edge of the flooring and wall or window. Then the expansion gap looks about 200mm by the window with a wooden flat strip (the beading?) on top and wedged under floor to ceiling windows like a trim.

So perhaps I could run under the beading and then into back of skirting? Beading looks quite thin though maybe 3mm I guess there is a small gap underneath.

The laminate gap is the only real option. Cutting a channel into the ceiling will compromise its integrity, and as it will be a fire barrier between your flat and the one above, you would have to reinstate the damaged area to the same spec as the rest of it (so no good just sticking some filler in there).

Sponsored Links
Is the expansion gap the distance between the edge of the flooring and wall or window. Then the expansion gap looks about 200mm by the window with a wooden flat strip (the beading?) on top and wedged under floor to ceiling windows like a trim.

I hope you mean 20mm not 200mm! :eek:

Yes 20mm!!!! 200mm would make it easy though

Has anyone used Flatwire Hdmi wire apparently you paint over it and it's gone!?

The flat wires still need to be skimmed over with plaster or filler (or 'mud' as the Americans call it).
The saving is that you don't need to cut into the wall.

Just painting over the flat wire won't work - it will still be visible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back