Running conduit under trench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have some very strong electrical conduit (made out of Polyethylene) which I plan to run under the trench (not through it) before pouring the concrete. However, I was thinking about the weight of the foundations and the building and the possibility of crushing the conduit.

Am I being reasonable here ? I could run it through the trench but then I don't want to weaken it (the conduit has a diameter of about 44mm and I'll be making two runs).

Also, when pouring concrete for the treach, what type of concrete should I specify to the ready-mix guys? It's going to be a pretty big single wall garage.

Sponsored Links
The foundations weigh a large amount but the eight is spread over an equally large area, so you'll be fine.

Although there wouldn't be any strength problem running it through the foundations, unless you're building a block of flats!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys. I will go ahead with the conduit work then :)

Just a gen 1 for foundations.
Ah, I was going to get gen 2 or 3. Any reason I should stick to gen 1 instead ?

Services are not run under trenches. That's just stupid.

Run it next to the trench. ie in the side.

Services are not run under trenches. That's just stupid.

Run it next to the trench. ie in the side.
I'm not running the entire stretch under the trench, just the last half metre. That way I can run wiring directly through the floor slab. Still stupid?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back