Running rough after engine warms up

Sponsored Links
I think it might not be a good idea to change more than one thing at a time. Perhaps it might be worth either disconnecting the battery for half an hour (make sure you have radio code etc) to try and get the ECU to clear it's fault codes or (better) get them cleared with a decent fault code reader. Then run the car for a while and see what fault codes come up. It would be interesting to see if they're the same.

Also how about clearing the fault codes when it's cold, then starting it up and running for less than a minute and reading the fault codes again. It would be interesting to see how long you have to run it for the codes to come up and what order they come up in.

What sort of airflow meter does it have? We haven't spoken about this yet as far as I can remember. Is it a "hot wire" one? If so, I know they can sometimes be troublesome on other makes of car.

Finally, can you check the lambda reading on an MOT station gas analyser to see if that gives a clue whether it's running too rich or too lean?

Haven't forgot about you Industry.......... the pc that the info is on is not playing ball at the moment. Managed to delete your email too so send me another message! :oops:

Hi, just finishing the post off to maybe aid other users in future who may have the same problem.

The fault turned out to be coolant sensor related-the actual sensor was fine but one of the wires that ran to the CTS in the harness had broken. I eventually found the problem doing continuity tests. The fault wasnt highlighted on the diagnostic check which i find strange but there you go.

Only just found time to fix the problem this week.

So thanks to all who contributed especially Neo and Avocet, advice much appreciatted.

Thanks for the data sheet Neo-it allowed me to eliminate certain things-your origonal guess of a faulty Coolant Temperature Sensor proved to be on the right lines.

Regards.

Sponsored Links
Knew it was temp sender related somewhere along the line!
A live data readout may have shown the sensor giving funny temps :confused:

Do you have the data sheet that NEO gave you ?
Could you email it to me?

My 1,4 16v is idling rough after af few minutes..

Back