Running water sound from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, am back...again....
Alpha cb28 - New diaphragm ( replaced in the summer) and new micro switch ( replaced a week ago ) getting hot water and heating now :) BUT i now have a sound of running water coming from the pipes under/leading in to boiler ??? Is this normal ??
Have bled all radiators and only water came out ( clean ) and the pressure on the boiler is fine...stop cock is fully open and i dont have a water tank in the loft...any ideas or is it something i shoud just shut the cupboard door on and ignore.
Will be out this house in 3 months or less so refuse to spend any more money on it :)

Thanks for any help

( this site is a god send )

Sponsored Links
When you say the pressure is fine, what is it at.

Check to see if you have any water coming out of the pressure relief pipe.

Are you sure the filling tap is off.

Water pressure is at 1.5 bar when cold ( in the green ) and rises to 2 when heating is on, is the pressure relief pipe the one that comes out the wall outside on the same wall as the boiler ? If so then no, no water coming from that and yes filling tap is off , this boiler has me scatty ! Thanks for any advice though.

Boiler sound fine from that info.

If you turn off the stop tap(water to the whole house) does the sound stop?

Also, where is the boiler. (upstairs/downstairs?)

Sponsored Links
Boiler is upstairs, the noise of water is only on when the boiler is on ( heating ) do I need to put the boiler on and turn main stop tap off and see if it stops ?

Lol....thought you meant you could here water running when the boiler was off.

When the heating is on you are likely to here a certain amount of noise :LOL:

Sorry :LOL:
I turned it off anyway and could still hear the sound of running water in the pipes, this boiler baffles me beyond belief i just hope it survives the ' severe ' winter predicted or i will be moving back to mums !

So, it is normal to hear water running through the pipes when the heating is on then ? i have never noticed this noise in previous years so assumed it may be the new diapragm or something dodgy...just have to find out why it squeels when i run cold water....that has got the plumber baffled :LOL:

Close to the boiler you may be able to hear a bit of water movement but not through the radiators.

If its very noisy you probably have some air in the system.

No noise from radiators...just the boiler pipes so will just have to shut the cupboard door ha ha.

Thanks for all your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back