1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Rust on steel stove

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by d000hg, 11 Jun 2020.

1. d000hg

d000hg

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have this old stove which we removed from our house. I think it's regular steel not cast iron though it weighs a ton (I can barely lift it).
    We put it outside for a bit and of course that's when the rain came, while we were busy elsewhere.

So now it looks like this:
    upload_2020-6-11_14-35-25.png

We're not sure what we're going to do with it but it's sad to see - not tried anything yet, what would be best? Can I get the rust off or does it have to be painted?

2. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Last edited: 11 Jun 2020
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. d000hg

d000hg

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks. It was removed because it basically got condemned, due to being improperly fitted and then we got a new one that was easier to sweep.

So this one will either be given away or sold (assume ot cost a few bob new but no idea), or we might turn it into an outdoor stove if I can get a pipe... no cares with leaking outside! If it was outside it'd have a cover but it's clearly not really designed for that.

5. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It looks interesting, have you got pictures from the front/ door side with it closed and door open?

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links