Rusty outside tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have just uploaded some blurry foties into my album but hope they assist.

Want to replace this tap as it's leaking but try as I might I just can't budge the three screws shown. Tried all my screw drivers and pliers and a gallon of WD40 but to no avail.

Also do you think the plate should go the other way with the two screws underneath? The reason I ask is that the tap has never tightened properly on the thread this way around but appears to be tight when upside down!!

Many thanks in advance.

Longshanks

Sponsored Links
Use more ptfe to screw the new tap on. It you use enough, it will tighten up to the desired orientation.

or a small amount of hemp instead of PTFE - I sell it on eBay ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Had been managing by uing more PTFE. It's just that the tap orientation is perfect when the plate is the other way around so I thought that was the correct position. The only thing is when it's in that position the inlet tube connects underneath rather than from above. Does that make a difference?

Longshanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back