Ryobi 4ah batteries!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in my local b and q earlier and saw these for sale. Same price as the 2.4's used to be.

In other news what should i do with old broken ryobi batteries? I have a 2.4ah and a 1.2 lithium that won't charge, what should i look at or do with them?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you need a new super charger for the 4ah batts

if you have different chargers try each battery in turn on what ever charger they fit
avoid hot or cold 15-25% ideally

the 2.4 ah was only about 18 months old when it stopped functioning. Not sure whether it didn't charge or just didn't hold a charge at all.

Is it worth doing anything with them? I saw you mention re-celling in another thread or any other cheap fixes before i throw them away?

Cheers

A quick look on line and the 4 AH batteries can be had for the £80 or so that the 2.4 AH are going for. I wonder if the 2.4's will be reduced in price or superseded?

Sponsored Links
A quick look on line and the 4 AH batteries can be had for the £80 or so that the 2.4 AH are going for. I wonder if the 2.4's will be reduced in price or superseded?
i recon they will drop to £45 or £50 with the 1.4 at 25-£30

Reno if you look at a thread of mine about 4-6weeks ago, I managed to get a battery going again after it not taking a charge and being abandoned in the shed for 18 months or so.

b and q had them for sale at 74.99 which was the same as the old 2.4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back