Ryobi High Energy Battery - 3Ah vs 4Ah?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've begun the expensive descent into Ryobi tools. Impressed with my cordless circular saw, I am in need of an SDS drill. The Ryobi is sold bare and so was going to get something meaty to go with it, but noticed that the 3Ah is nearly the same price as the 4Ah. Clearly the 3Ah is newer with sales blurb about being more efficient etc. But is that efficiency worth the price? Does the 3Ah actually perform better than the 4Ah? If performance comparable then the reduced charging time might be worth a punt?

Sponsored Links
Can you find any independent reviews away from the Ryobi site?
Places like Amazon, Ebay or Which etc?
Sales blurb can sound good but the reality may be entirely different.

Can you find any independent reviews away from the Ryobi site?
Places like Amazon, Ebay or Which etc?
Sales blurb can sound good but the reality may be entirely different.
Not really. Battery came out in december but having said that, I've notice the angle grinder kit comes with a 4Ah and that's £130. Battery is £65-70 on its own and...everyone needs an angle grinder right? ;)

Sponsored Links
Not really. Battery came out in december but having said that, I've notice the angle grinder kit comes with a 4Ah and that's £130. Battery is £65-70 on its own and...everyone needs an angle grinder right? ;)

Like, every blue moon in my case. :rolleyes: And I've never seen one yet! :LOL::LOL:

Actually I do have a use - we have an old clothes line pole made of beautiful reinforced concrete. I'll take a week off work and get to it with the angle grinder and SDS drill... :D

5Ah batteries are literally a few £'s more, so its not worth buying 4Ah.

Ryobi really scam users on their battery pricing compared to other manufacturers. But put an alert on Amazon for the batteries and get notified when they sell them at reduced prices - which is quite regular.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back