Ryobi drill query. Replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cordless Ryobi CDI 1803 impact drill and the gearbox has died, just like sitting in the car and engine works perfectly, engage clutch and gears but go nowhere. Drill does the same, motor spins as it should but chuck doesn't.
The drill is in a case with charger and two perfectly good 18v Ni-Cd batteries.
I was wondering what other drills in the Ryobi range will still take these batteries as the 1803 model doesn't exist any more.
There is a 1802 and I was just wondering if this had just the two speed gears whereas the 1803 has a three speed but otherwise is almost the same ?
So if anyone can tell me any of the drills that I can use the batteries with then THANKS.
Cheers
Brian.

Sponsored Links
yes all plug in 18v batteries are forward and backward compatable with all or nearly all tools
all chargers will charge nicads but only li-ion chargers will charge li-ion and nicad batteries

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back