Fix chuck wobble on Ryobi CHI-1802 or replace with CRH1801M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ryobi CHI-1802 drill. After a fair bit of use over the years the chuck now has rather a lot of play side to side. When opening the jaws fully there is some sort of adjustment inside which fits a large philips screwdriver, but I am unable to move it. Anyone know how to fix it?

It would be uneconomic to have it sent away to be fixed, so If I cant fix it my thought is to replace it. I've noticed that Ryobi have a 18v sds drill CRH-1801M. Has anyone used it. I presume it would fit the BPL-1820 lithium batteries from the CHI-1802.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you can buy new chucks
as said above its the securing screw
you have a hammer drill the other one is an sds drill needing sds bits
and yes the old and new batteries and tools are interchangeable with small few exceptions but you are ok

Thanks

I was looking at the cordless SDS instead of getting another hammer/combi thinking it would be worth it for quicker/less effort drilling walls. I already have sds bits for my Ryobi mains SDS drill, but was thinking with a SDS cordless it might mean having to get the mains one out less often.

Sponsored Links
No-one tried the Ryobi 18v sds CRH-1801M yet then? Maybe I'll have to be the first to give it a try :)

i have the 18v sds drill its a nice bit of kit. would not really drill more than 14mm tho.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back