Ryobi RPT4545M Pole Hedge Trimmer with Extension Pole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get at some high hedges/shrubs in my garden, is this suitable for occasional DIY use please. The big hedge is Leylandi.

Sponsored Links
Whilst I think this machine would be ok for privet, I do think it would really struggle if any branches need lopping......a petrol machine has no problems chopping through branches of say 3/4" but naturally enough is hugely more expensive. Leylandii is often a nightmare for any machine!
Maybe you could consider hiring a petrol machine for this cut, and see how things go? Once the heavy lopping is over, an electric machine could take over.
John :)

Thanks John, I tend to sort the heavy bits out and then use an electric trimmer for a final cut. Am trying to avoid some ladder-work really.
What do you think of..Bosch AMW 10S Multi Tool with extended Reach Pole Hedge Trimmer?
1000 watt seems impressive, for the odd time I use these things I think I could put up with weight maybe!

For sure, this one looks like it could do the job......1000w has to be better than the other one.
All extended reach trimmers are on the heavy side of course, so an aching back is guaranteed!
John :)

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52cc-5-in...er-Brushcutter-Garden-Multi-Tool/222203264480

Got the strimmer version .Bought two . Cord spool are poor replaced it for a husvarna . Strimmer cheap but they work hard . Do a few modifications and the work well for the price and just buy another .When that fails you can rob bits of one to keep the other going. A Husvarna the same size with the attachments would be best part of a £1000 or more . Upgrade cord spool I bought cost £40 ish .Nearly as much as the strimmer itself.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks RD, am waiting for del of the electric Bosch today.
Will report on performance later!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back