S plan blowing fuses

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi
I have run out of ideas so hope that someone here might have come across this problem before.
Basically I have fitted a new valve on the heating side and now the system runs fine for about an hour and then blows the fuse in the spur. I cannot find any problem in the wiring. The valve base was replaced by someone else (don't think it was a plumber) I am a sparky and I wired the new actuator head. It is possible that the new valve base was fitted the wrong way round but I don't think that should affect anything

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have run out of ideas so hope that someone here might have come across this problem before.
Basically I have fitted a new valve on the heating side and now the system runs fine for about an hour and then blows the fuse in the spur. I cannot find any problem in the wiring. The valve base was replaced by someone else (don't think it was a plumber) I am a sparky and I wired the new actuator head. It is possible that the new valve base was fitted the wrong way round but I don't think that should affect anything

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Not a very good one though.
If it was ok before it sounds like you have caused the problem.
It is common to find blue and G/Y wires used as l or s/l but not sleeved.
Have you operated the controls manually to see what is causing the s/c

never go by wire colours on a heating system, sounds like you have wired a NC contact to an earth, or a Neutral and once it gets to temp it switches over and causing a short

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for replying Terrywookfit. I have turned the stats up and down manually which did not blow the fuse. I cannot find a s/c and if there was a s/c I would expect the fuse to blow immediately. Fuse blowing after an hour causes me to think of an overload rather than a short. I am back to take another look tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying Terrywookfit. I have turned the stats up and down manually which did not blow the fuse. I cannot find a s/c and if there was a s/c I would expect the fuse to blow immediately. Fuse blowing after an hour causes me to think of an overload rather than a short. I am back to take another look tomorrow.
It is lowing because the circuit is getting to satisfied and switching over you have fecked the wiring up

Have you checked leaking pump valve not dripping into motorised valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back