Safe zones and fixed appliances

I personally am inclined to the view that the spirit of the regs would be satisfied by a continuous cable going through a back box with a blank plate.
I personally am inclined to the view that you should use steel conduit and avoid having a blanking plate littering the wall.

Sponsored Links
I personally am inclined to the view that the spirit of the regs would be satisfied by a continuous cable going through a back box with a blank plate.
I personally am inclined to the view that you should use steel conduit and avoid having a blanking plate littering the wall.
I certainly agree that such is the ideal but it may well not be the method of choice (or even capability) for many, particularly DIYers.

Kind Regards, John

[shrug]
Doesn't take long to learn to use a die to thread the ends, nor to learn to use a bender if all you want is a simple single bend.

The tooling can all be picked up on Fleabay for about the price of that cooker hood, so in the context of doing a complete kitchen re-furb it's pretty trivial, and gets you a better looking and safer result.
[/shrug]

[shrug]Doesn't take long to learn to use a die to thread the ends, nor to learn to use a bender if all you want is a simple single bend. The tooling can all be picked up on Fleabay for about the price of that cooker hood, so in the context of doing a complete kitchen re-furb it's pretty trivial, and gets you a better looking and safer result.[/shrug]
I can't really argue with any of that, but nor do I believe that many people would do that unless they foresaw an appreciable need for the skills and kit in the future. If they already have the skills and kit (or know a (wo)man who has), then conduit is the obvious the way to go.

Kind REgards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back