Salamander pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anybody please advise?

I have fitted a used Salamander negative head shower pump (ESP75CV). The pump was working fine in my relatives house prior to me getting it. Now, it wont turn off unless i switch it off at isolator switch! It is only serving 1 thermostatic bar shower and i have a 22mm dedicated cold feed from cws tank in loft. I have a direct hot feed from cylinder via a 22mm essex flange. The hot & cold outlets are also in 22mm to the valve then reduced down to 15mm. Performance wise, it is excellent but wont switch off! I have checked expansion vessel pressure (14psi) and no water coming out when pin pressed. I have also removed both flow switches and cleaned them but still no joy. What concerns me is that when i replaced the flow switches, there is a little pozi screw to secure the switch in place. It is hard to tell (for me anyway!) where the screw should locate on the switch as there is a tiny radial groove that looks like the point of the screw should locate in but that seems to leave the switch loose. You can press the switch down and then tighten the screw and the point would bite into the White plastic housing and hold the switch tight. Not sure which method is correct. Could this be causing problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Gary.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back