Salus controller gone blank

Reaction score
Hi I’m after some help , heating was working fine yesterday , then the salus RT510TX stopped working , the screen went blank I have replaced the batteries but it still won’t work . Can anyone help ? TIA

Sponsored Links
Assuming decent batteries and correct polarity, it might have just failed. Have you used alkaline batteries? Are the contacts good?

Try pressing the reset button with a pen or a paper clip or something if that doesnt work probably new unit time , afraid salus are very unreliable

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi I’m after some help , heating was working fine yesterday , then the salus RT510TX stopped working , the screen went blank I have replaced the batteries but it still won’t work . Can anyone help ? TIA

This happened to me and I read this thread and despaired. I tried pressing the reset button; I tried shouting at it. I resigned myself to having to get a new one. Then I looked around a bit and found a suggestion by someone called Gordon Johnstone (who totally deserves any credit) on a different site that suggested you had to leave the batteries out for half an hour before putting the new ones in. I tried it (I left it 40 minutes to be safe) and after a few seconds, it came back to life! PROBLEM SOLVED (for me, at least).

(Either way, bear in mind that, even if this doesn't work, your house needn't be cold until you replace the unit. Just go to the base unit next to the boiler and switch it to manual.)

Sponsored Links
good that should give you time to save up and get a decent setup Salus are the dregs of the market

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back