Salus IT500-BM and Worcester 28i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a Worcester boiler installed with a salus Internet thermostat. The controller on the boiler is definitely set to auto which means it should follow the thermostat settings. Basically on my old system when the temp was lower than the set point the boiler wouldn't fire and rads would get cold to touch. Now the boiler keeps kicking in and keeping the rads warm even though I have set the thermostat to off. Is this a wiring issue with the controller?

What is the law regarding re wiring it if it is wired incorrectly? I don't really want the guys who installed it to come back to my property as the bloke who runs the business is pretty dodgy in terms of trying to charge me for work that wasn't carried out etc.

Regards

Grant

Sponsored Links
Wired incorrectly or maybe left the link in the boiler. The outer case is part of the combustion case on this appliance. I would get your installer back.

Nath

Nath

Thanks for your reply... Since I posted I have done the following with a slightly confusing outcome.

Set the boiler to eco mode

Then I have set the controller to on - that works the boiler fires up with the flame illuminated

When I set the controller to auto (to follow the thermostat) I can manually set temperature and the boiler fires up. If I set the thermostat at a lower temp than the room the boiler doesn't fire up per se it does this strange thing which I will describe...

When I set the controller to off the boiler does the same thing as when it is supposed to be off according to the thermostat. The boiler sounds like it is firing up but there is no flame indicator lit which suggests it either isn't a flame in the true sense or it is a pump or similar

Any ideas?

I have been in touch with salus who are more than happy to help but I don't want to make them send me new controls if it is the boiler

Regards

Grant

Sponsored Links
This issue has now been resolved. Salus came out to the property and fitted a replacement integrated WBC controller - same problem the boiler would randomly fire up although the flame wouldn't come on.

He resorted to fitting an external controller to the boiler which has fixed the issue. Therefore by a process of elimination it must have been the PCB in the front flap housing.

I am going to write to Worcester and attempt to get them to replace the faulty board considering it is a brand new boiler I am not happy to accept the fact that I have had to have an external controller.

Regards

Grant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back