Salus remote boiler switch - power problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Remaha Avanta boiler with a Salus RT500RF remote control unit for the heating.

Nowt wrong with the boiler, hot water flowing etc, however the CH switch appears to be broken.

The receiver unit usually has a red light to show it is receiving power, and then a green LED which illuminates when it's receiving a signal to switch the heating on.

The transmittor unit is showing that I have turned the heating up and that it is transmitting the signal to turn the boiler on for CH.

The receiver unit is totally dark (no red or green led illuminated).

The switch below the receiver (which also acts as the switch for the boiler power) is fine, and the wire going into the receiver unit is lit - proven with a tester screwdriver thingy (can you tell I'm not an electrician?).

Question is - Is there something in the receiver unit that would cause this fault and can be easily identified rectified, or is my receiver unit knackered?

One further bit of useful info - this was installed last May and has worked perfectly since then (actually too well, given the state of my winter gas bill :rolleyes:).

Thanks everyone.

Jack

Sponsored Links
Needs replacing,yours is part of a faulty batch to which Salus are aware.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back