hand held boiler temperature controller not interacting with the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a SALUS RT500RF hand held controller and a VAILLANT combi-boiler. i recently had to change the batteries in the hand held unit and since then it doesn't actually control the boiler. both red and green lights are on on the receiver unit but even if the flame is showing on the controller the heating doesn't switch on and when the heating is on and it gets too hot i try to turn it down on the HH unit but nothing happens. the boiler acts independently of the timer controls set on the HH unit too. So, does anyone have any solutions please ?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried re-pairing the hand-held controller with the Salus receiver? Instructions are in the Salus manual.

Sponsored Links
i've looked in the user manual but didn't find how to do that.
Sorry to confuse you; I have attached the manual. Salus refer to pairing as "RF Address Code Setting" - page 9. Just check that both the controller and receiver are set to the same address. You should also test the RF transmission - page 11.

Incidentally, the control is not designed to be carried around; it's supposed to stay permanently in a fixed location. It's wireless to make installation easier - no cables back to the boiler etc - that's all.

Attachments

• RT500RF-Manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 313
I once had a customer complain that their thermostat (Drayton RF) did not work in the conservatory, which she demonstrated whilst holding it. I took the unit off her and laid it on the window ledge and lo and behold, the boiler switched on after 2 minutes.

when i say "hand held" i mean portable rather than fixed to a wall, not that i literally hold it in my hands except briefly when turning it up or down. we have a plumber coming to look at it next week but thanks to all for the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back