Salus RT300RF and Salus RT500RF receiver query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Vailliant ecotec boiler was installed in the house in June this year and the plumber fitted a Salus RT300RF thermostat and receiver.

While I am quite pleased with that as a product, my wife would prefer to have a programmable system which offers a choice of settings, and the RT500RF would seem to fit the bill.

My question is this.

Obviously the 500 transmitter would directly replace the 300 transmitter, but could I still continue to use the existing 300 receiver so that the wiring does not have to be disturbed? ie are the two receivers different products or are they the same? They look the same!!!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
the receivers will be wired exactly the same but you will have to remove the 300 and fit the receiver that comes with the 500

different radio frequencies ;)

A reply in minutes!

Many thanks for that, glasgowgas.

no problems

have fitted lots of Salus and find they are a good, budget priced, prog room stat

have one myself ;)

Sponsored Links
RT500RF

Every few days, usually in the early afternoon, my heating goes off.
The thermostat is asking for an increase in temperature but there is no signal ( green light ) at the receiver by the boiler.
To get it working again I either have to do a complete reset and re-programme or put the thermostat into sleep mode and restart.
How can I ensure that the heating will remain on when I am away next week?
Regards
Peroniboy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back