Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This thing is a pain in the backside!

Last year we had a new boiler fitted alongside the Salus RT300RF wireless thermostat and receiver. Earlier in the year it started not working but as it was summer that didnt matter too much!

Now, its pretty chilly and its still now working...ive tried everything from other forums and its still not helped.

Ive changed the frequency on the thermostat and receiver and still nothing, the little flame icon is on on the thermostat and the green light is on on the receiver so i know its connecting but its just not heating up the radiators. Please help!!

Sponsored Links
I had one of these and it did exactly the same , it will be a fault in the reciever not switching the voltage to the boiler but as you say the light comes on saying it is receiving the signal , probably a faulty relay or similar in the reciever , bin it and buy a reputable one thats what I had to do !

Need more info on your boiler and system.

What type of boiler? Combi or conventional?

Do you have a programmer? Do you have any motorised valves? It might be nothing to do with the thermostat. But you will need a multimeter and a little electrical knowledge to fault find properly.

I had one of these and it did exactly the same , it will be a fault in the reciever not switching the voltage to the boiler but as you say the light comes on saying it is receiving the signal , probably a faulty relay or similar in the reciever , bin it and buy a reputable one thats what I had to do !

Thats annoying! Do you have any suggestions on a new one to buy?

Sponsored Links
Need more info on your boiler and system.

What type of boiler? Combi or conventional?

Do you have a programmer? Do you have any motorised valves? It might be nothing to do with the thermostat. But you will need a multimeter and a little electrical knowledge to fault find properly.

The boiler is a Logic Combi 24. Im not sure about the motorised valve and ive had a google of a programmer and we have one of those, its a thermostat/programmer i believe

Ok. If its a combi it's very unlikely to have any motorised valves.

The 300rf is just a thermostat so I presume you have a separate programmer. You need to determine if the programmer is at fault or the wireless receiver. No point in just replacing the receiver unless you are sure the programmer is ok. You will need a multimeter to test which one is faulty

Check the connections in the receiver unit, its very easy to miss the cable conductors or trap the insulation. I've only ever had two faulty in years.

I've had this a number of times on this model, the dropper capacitor loses its capacitance and can no longer supply enough current to supply the relay coil. I don't like the design of these, and the newer version of the same model is also a pain to wire unless you are connecting it via a surface flex.

If it is the Salus at fault, as an emergency measure, you can by-pass the thermostat to have the heating on over the holiday period.

After isolating the power, remove the wires from the receiver's terminals 1 and 2 (NO & COM) and connect them all together in a terminal block. The heating will come on, but the thermostat will be inoperative, so if you get too warm you will have manually turn the heating on and off at the programmer. Don't forget to note which wires go where before you remove them for when you have to put them back.

If this doesn't work then the problem is elsewhere, so it's also a useful test to confirm if the Salus is the problem.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back