Salus RT500RF help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've just had a new boiler fitted with the Salus RT500RF programmable thermostat but am struggling to get my head round it! Can anyone tell me if I put the heating on at a temp of 21 degrees once the house has reached that temperature how low can temp drop until the boiler kicks in and it starts heating again. Eg if it dropped to 20.5 should it immediately heat up to go back to 21?? At present it isn't so wasn't sure if it starts warming up again if it drops a whole degree? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The boiler will keep cycling to maintain the required temperatures, in theory the thermostatic control never turns off. You will have a number of period settings. If I recall it is 5 throughout the day. So if you want the boiler to come on to reach a selected temp in the morning you input the time and temp, if you then wish the temp to drop at a certain time you then input that time and the required temp you wish to drop to.
So say at 6.30 you input 21 degrees, then at 7.30 you select 9 degrees, than you next input time is say 12.00 and select temp at 21 degrees.
The boiler will operate to those parameters. If the ambient temperature is above those inputted, the boiler will not come on but if the temp drops below those, the boiler (CH) will then operate.

Not sure I understood that, and I'm an installer.

There is a switch on the back of the unit that your installer would have set to 0.5C or 1.0C temperature increments.

The Salus control manual doesn't say how long, or what temperature drop the unit needs to request the boiler to come on again. I can only advise you to ring them in working hours if it is important to you. There is a video on their web site showing the key functions, you might already have seen it.

Personally, like all Salus controls it would need to be very cheap because it looks like it was designed 15 years ago. So does the manual, wouldn't dream of specifying this stuff for my customers.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies controller box is set to 0.5 increments so in theory if I've set temp to 21 degrees and it reaches this when temp drops to 20.5 the raidiators should warm up again which they're not. Would whatever I've set raidiator valves to affect this to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back