salus t105rf to google nest wiring clarification (vaillant ecotec pro 28)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon everyone. I hoping someone could shed a little light on my current thermostat wiring.

As you can see from the first picture I have Live neutral earth coming from the boiler and live neutral earth coming from a switch. From all of the other forums and posts I've seen online no one else has a set up like this which is confusing me a bit on how to wire my nest up.

I've seen a few recommendations to follow the combi diagram and a few recommendations to follow the dry co tact diagram.

From what I can gather wiring for my boiler goes as follows

Boiler Com - Nest 2
Boiler NO - nest 3
Boiler Live - nest L
Boiler Nuetral - Nest N

I am now left with earth from boiler and LNE from the mains switch.

Could someone please clarify that firstly my initial wiring is correct and secondly what the hell do I do with the rest of the wires.

Sponsored Links
It's a standard set up, very common. You simply move all of the wires from the Salus to the terminals at the Nest which have exactly the same function. so:

Both brown wires in Salus L....go to Nest L

Both blue wires in Salus N....go to Nest N

Black wire in Salus Com....goes to Nest Heating 'Common' (2)

Grey wire in Salus NO....goes to Nest Heating 'Call for heat' (3)

Earth wires go in the Nest earth terminal.

If you want to use the Nest Heat link to power the room thermostat, you will need to run wires from the Heat link terminals T1 & T2 to the thermostat T1 & T2. Otherwise use a separate plug in power supply.

That worked absolutely perfectly, thank you very much for your assistance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back