Salus thermostat doesn't power on, how to fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I discovered today that my Salus thermostat (RT510RF) has no power so I cant control my heating. I've changed the batteries and there is no obvious power button so I can work out how to power on or even if there is another issue. Its about 2 years old so not old at all. The receiver where the boiler is has a red flashing light which is presumably is as a result of the thermostat not working.

Can anyone help with suggestions to get it up and running?

Failing the above can I set the heating directly from my Vaillant (ecofit pure 825) boiler?

Sponsored Links
Go to the receiver and set it to manual and on and the heating will come on,and on the bottom right hand side of the thermostat is a small hole this is the reset , press that with a pen or paper clip or something and see if the display comes back on

Go to the receiver and set it to manual and on and the heating will come on,and on the bottom right hand side of the thermostat is a small hole this is the reset , press that with a pen or paper clip or something and see if the display comes back on

Thanks Ian. I've set it to manual and the heaters are warming up which is good.

I've just tried the reset button on the thermostat but no joy.

Thanks Ian. I've set it to manual and the heaters are warming up which is good.

I've just tried the reset button on the thermostat but no joy.
If the replacement batteries are definately good then replacement stat required , dont get another Salus they are terrible

Sponsored Links
If the replacement batteries are definately good then replacement stat required , dont get another Salus they are terrible

Yeah, I will double-check with another pair of batteries to make sure and agree about Salus. Horrible to use and now this!

Yeah, I will double-check with another pair of batteries to make sure and agree about Salus. Horrible to use and now this!
use decent quality Alkaline batteries like Duracell and make sure you are not touching any buttons as you insert them

Just to follow this up. The actual issue was that I wasn't using alkaline batteries when trying new ones. I tried new ones and the thermostat starting working again.

Thanks I changed to the Alkine batteries and it is now working ! Been trying it for days

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back