samsung le26r74bd cant tune freeview

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all ive been given a samsung le26r74bd tv about 2 years ago from a friend without the remote anyway i got 1 from ebay works fine the problem is i can only watch freeview if i connect a freeview box via the scart now i know how to tune it in i can get the dtv menu up and start the tuning but when it ends it comes up with no services found check ariel connection which is fine as ive got a splitter to another tv and that picks up freeview perfectly even when i disconnect the other tv to get a stronger signal the samsung still wont tune in yet when i connect freeview box with the same areil cable the box tunes in perfectly and signal perfect this is baffling me no end any one have any idea as to what the problem is thanx

Sponsored Links
Yes.... You need to write in sentences using capital letters and fullstops for start. :LOL:

Try doing a factory reset. Then use the Plug & Play option to go through the initial settings. If you are still getting no DTV channels stored then try the TV set on someone else's aerial.

Sponsored Links
thanx for all replies i tried on another ariel still no joy then i googled the model number and added no freeview seems the problem is with the remote the original which was lost had an extra menu button marked DMENU this takes you into the digital service menu and thats how you get freeview tuned in.Now all i have to do is get a remote with DMENU on it simple. hope my english has improved lol

Did you ever solve this problem? My Samsung LE26R74BD is about four year's old and has stopped receiving a signal. I can tune on the DTV menu but it does not find any channels. I have tried swapping cables. The TV receives sky through the cable with no problem. I suspect it is either the aerial or the integral freeview tuner in the TV.

Did you ever solve this problem? My Samsung LE26R74BD is about four year's old and has stopped receiving a signal. I can tune on the DTV menu but it does not find any channels. I have tried swapping cables. The TV receives sky through the cable with no problem. I suspect it is either the aerial or the integral freeview tuner in the TV.

A lot of people suspect the aerial to be at fault, when in fact it's the cable to fault. It gets a split in it, ingresses water, and the water finds it's way into the tuner, which fails. Not so much in DTV's. But a reasonable analogue signal, isn't good enough for digital TV. Progress? Huh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back