samsung rs21 wireing loom problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

we have had the usual problem of our fridge freezer icing up, we have gone down the road of defrosting it ourselves countless times & have now bought the 5 part back panel defrost kit.

we got all the new parts in with no problem at all until it came to the changing of the wireing loom to the fan,( we had to do this because our model is about 10 yrs old) we now understand that this means taking the old wire & replacing the new wire with it. the problem we have is that we took the wires out of the little plastic housing foolishly because at the time we didnt know what we were doing.

the old wires are grey yellow & black, the new wires are red white & black so does the black still correspond to the black? & what does the yellow & grey correspond with? here is a picture hopefully

2hgerzq.jpg

thank you for anyones help

sarah

Sponsored Links
so sorry for the size of the picture, i used tiny pics & selected the code for forums so i dont know what went wrong.

sarah

Does the new plug fit in the existing socket, Sarah?
Try with the fridge disconnected. If it does fit, I'd give it a try if it was mine.
The plugs should only fit in the one way.
John :)

no the other end of the new loom doesnt fit into the plug in the back of the fridge that is why we had to change it to the old loom.

many thanks for your reply

sarah

Sponsored Links
I see - so the obvious thing is to splice the new cable onto the plug of the old one.......personally I'd have to trace the new cables back into the defrost unit to satisfy that they were going where they were intended!
I'll bale out from this one Sarah - maybe give the supplier a call tomorrow if no one else comments.
Be lucky!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back