Samsung UE55 NU7 400U 55ins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Samsung UE55 NU7 400U 55ins

Our telly occasionally will not turn on with it's remote ( new batteries fitted )

If we use the DVD recorder remote it will turn on telly select channels OK,
but TV remote will still not work.

Switching off & on at the mains the remote returns to normal function,

No problem with Television and sound as normal.

Anybody with any idea what’s happening , thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have trouble Turning it off with the remote too?
Can you turn the tv on with one of the channel buttons?

if so it’s probably the power button on the remote. Just buy a replacement remote.

Do you have trouble Turning it off with the remote too?
Can you turn the tv on with one of the channel buttons?

if so it’s probably the power button on the remote. Just buy a replacement remote.

Sometimes it's hard to switch on with the TV remote

I'd go for a new remote as a first stab just to rule it out, remote control's these days are rubbish. I'm on my 3rd genuine Sony remote control, though it's usually my clumsy kids who are forever dropping them on wooden floors to blame but they only cost about £8 - gives you an idea of the quality they must be! eBay or Amazon will usually serve you OK.

Sponsored Links
Open up remote , clean the rubber keymat and carbon tracks with some meths ….same as alarm keymat

New replacement remote arrived. Still the same results OK all day then unable change sound level or change channels or switch off.
unplugged telly re plugged in and remote working again as normal.

Bit stuck what to do next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back