Samsung washer / dryer unable to switch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
As per title.
Samsung washer dryer unable to switch on.
Checked fuse / plug etc & fine.
Can you advise if there is a common fault with these that I could check or maybe advise what I next need to do.

Other than the above it’s been fine without any issues.

Attachments

• 00F18126-4052-44F7-989F-FE0057303C4D.jpeg
    00F18126-4052-44F7-989F-FE0057303C4D.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 55
  • CC11970C-2EFB-4764-9E1B-14E6923E5FAA.jpeg
    CC11970C-2EFB-4764-9E1B-14E6923E5FAA.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Sorry, can you confirm that you checked that the socket works?

I am not a washing machine repair engineer but I have fixed a few over the years.

Without knowing what your skillset is I would rather not recommend anything that requires you to take the unit apart. Sorry, that is not me being (intentionally) condescending. BTW, is there a fused spur above the worktop that supplies the washing machine? if there is, have you checked the fuse there?

Checked and all fine.
I’m fine with regards skill set.

I’ve taken Hotpoint washing machines apart & replaced bearings where Hotpoint man wanted to scrap it.
I’m fine.

Kool, then I guess that you need to pull the washing machine out and check for continuity. Google the "service engineer manual" for the machine. There may be an internal glass fuse that has blown. You can often buy replacements from the likes of Halfords.

I would imagine that removing the top will give you sufficient access to the bits that you need to check

Sponsored Links
You will not find a service manual for any appliance, they just never become publicly available. Start at the suppressor then the door lock & then the main board.

Is there any power at all when you switch on, is the child lock activated?

Blup

Remove the top of the machine and locate the power supply board.
You might have to take the rear panel off as well.
Those boards are rubbish and all the wire terminals are not insulated.
The vibrations make them move, arch and slowly burn.
If you find evidence of this, you need to first test that you have power there, use a multimeter.
If you do, dismantle the board and clean it properly until you get shiny brass connectors showing.
Then replace the spade connectors on the supply wires with insulated ones and reconnect all.

You will not find a service manual for any appliance, they just never become publicly available. Start at the suppressor then the door lock & then the main board.

See....

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair-guides-spare-parts/

If you register with their site they will give you full service engineer manuals for any machine made after March 1st 2021. Just scroll down to the "I am a professional repairer". Unfortunately, you need to provide proof that you are VAT registered, insured, etc. It is part of the EU reparability regulations. I couldn't get past that part of the registration process but there is no mention of payment. That said, they might ask for payment later in the process...

I have however found service manuals on the web for different Samsung washing machines.

BTW, unlikely, but it might be worthwhile checking continuity on both the live and neutral parts of the flex. I once spent ages trying to fix a dust extractor. I traced the live and eventually it dawned on me to check the neutral, which indeed had a break. My mum's Miele washing machine, when I pulled it out, one of the spade terminals inside popped off.

Hi
I will look at the machine tomorrow when I am with it.
Not sure it makes a difference but it’s a washer dryer not washing machine. Just so I go down the wrong path.

Hi
I will look at the machine tomorrow when I am with it.
Not sure it makes a difference but it’s a washer dryer not washing machine. Just so I go down the wrong path.

The model number might be helpful.

Try this before checking board: Remove plug and leave for 10 minutes, then turn on, press and hold down spin options time for 7 or 8 seconds. Press start then turn off. Also check drain filter and impeller are clear.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back