Sanding down rough plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just had a bit of plastering done in a small boiler cupboard and it's not very neat in some places, as the space was absolutely tiny (about 2m2 with a wall-mounted boiler in there as well!). I'm just wondering if I can simply sand down the places where I can see trowel marks? If so, can I use my electric sander, or am I best off doing it by hand? What grade sandpaper do you recommend? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't really have to sand down new plaster,but there you go.If the person that did your job couldn't plaster 2m2 properly,then look out if he's let loose on a bigger area.I think you should sand it by hand.You don't need a rough sandpaper.An OLD piece of 100 grit with just enough roughness will do the job.If it's too rough it will tear the plaster.Wrap the paper around a small block of wood and it will be easier to use.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back