sanding wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, my first post.

Probably be around here for a while as we've just bought our first place and I seem to be taking on a lot of jobs I never thought i'd ever do! Nothing too tasking so far, but still, picking up a hammer seems a big achievment for me :LOL:

anyway... I seem to be spending far too long sanding the paint off my bathroom woodwork. The side of the bath is made of vertical wooden pieces, and I am trying to think of an easy way of getting in the grooves between the pieces. I cant afford to spend a lot right now, so I am just wondering whether anyone here can recommend a simple solution?

I have tried a hot air paint stripper, but this seems to soften the wood which is no good. I did the rest with an electric sander which is ok for the flat parts, I just need something to get in the awkward areas.

Any ideas people?

Sponsored Links
If the wooden peices are Toungue and groove, it might be easier and cheaper to replace them. It really wouldn't cost much prob about a tenner.

failing that, a small pointed sander?
Woody

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back