Saniflo - Flushing toilet fills shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am looking for a bit of advise - We have had our Saniflo replaced due to the motor having gone on the last one - since the replacement was fitted we now have a situation where if you flush the toilet or run the tap in the sink this fills the shower tray and does not empty.

This did not happen previously, luckily these were only 'test' flushes and no one had used it in anger.

Initially I thought it may be a blockage near the shower, so I tried some drain cleaner down it but that has not helped at all.

I can see there is still power to the saniflo unit but when flushing I did not hear the motor kick in (Would I still hear it on a new model?)

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I dare you to 'lift the lid' so to speak, and check the operation of the float-switch.

I do not care for them , and only fit them in protest.

DH

Oh, and watch your fingers. Those macerators are vicious.

Probably a lump of corn blocking one of the flapper inside :LOL:

Hateful things these.

Make sure the power is off when you open it - you don't want to have it kick in with the llid off. You'll have to redecorate otherwise :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If its a new saniflo phone them up and get one of there service engineers to come out and repair it under warranty.

If you want to DIY take the lid of ......Isolate the power first....... I think you will find that the non return valve on the shower inlet is faulty or as was said above there is something stopping the flapper valve closing.

This is why the shower tray fills up. The motor will not start because the level of liquid in the soniflo has not risen enough to trip the switch, because all the liquid is in the shower tray.

If you get saniflo to send an engineer do not expect a smart person in overalls. You will get a very scruffy person with very little holding his ears apart in an old van with the body more rust and filler than metal. who will try and find all sorts of reason why it cannot be repaired under warranty,

Stand your ground phone saniflo while the engineer is present and you will finally get the job done.

I speak from experience.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back