Saniflo issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,
I know saniflo units are frowned upon but I bought a house with one in my en-suite and to be fair it's been fairly faultless if a little noisy as it is only used sporadically. Anyway over the last few days it wouldn't stop humming unless I popped the fuse out, so being keen to avoid a hefty bill I looked at a few videos to try and DIY it.
So I've removed the toilet and checked the big inlet and there is nothing stopping the blade spinning, I opened the top and cleared some massive chunks of hardened limescale that at first resembled plastic (panic mode)...
The rubber membrane was all crusty so I scraped all the limescale off that and the switch is clicking fine.
Now however it is still giving a constant loud humming and refusing to pump out at all :(
In fact it's backing up dirty fluid into my shower tray, and leaking out of the top of the unit, so for now I popped the fuse and cleaned it up and took loads of fluid out of the toilet pan.
So I'm not too sure what to try next and am hoping you knowledgeable guys can offer some advice?
Yours hopefully.

Sponsored Links
If the blades freely rotate then it is most likely the capacitor.

Just Pumps is the daddy on these! Got me out of trouble when mine packed up. (y)

If the blades freely rotate then it is most likely the capacitor.
Thanks for taking the time to reply appreciated. Is the capacitor something I can buy from a regular shop and is it an easy install? I'm happy to have a go if it doesn't involve soldering at all.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for taking the time to reply appreciated. Is the capacitor something I can buy from a regular shop and is it an easy install? I'm happy to have a go if it doesn't involve soldering at all.
I think it is covered in the link that mottie put up in post #3. Have a read first then come back if you have questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back