saniflo problems

Dan_Robinson said:
When you say these pillocks didn't fit the valves - do you mean hte flappers in the saniflo's? 'cos they're factory fitted usually.

I think there is a little misunderstanding going on.

Probably they mean there is no external valve which would seem to be needed when the application is considered.

The internal flappers are not really water tight anyway, just a sop to having a valve.

I did once fit a saniflow to pump up through the loft. The NRV on the outlet leaked back the contents of the vertical pipe and caused the pump to cycle on every five minutes.

I cured it with a rare 32 mm waste NRV from BES which did not leak. But before I did that the client had replaced the original with a new one which leaked just the same.

Tony

Sponsored Links
There is a flapper on the saniflo unit itself apparently but they are going to fit a non return valve at the shower so that it stops anything backing up.

The fact that you stand in an inch of water whilst having a shower before the pump kicks in hasn't been addressed yet. No one seems to have an answer for that one.

Someone else is coming out today and I think I'm going to insist on a thorough service of the saniflos. I'm really unhappy having them but there's not much else I can do now!

You aint gonny solve the water level in the shower coz the pump is set to activate when unit is almost full.
As said in earlier posts either saniflow is lowered or shower tray is raised .
sounds like a right Heath Robinson set up .

Sponsored Links
had a saniflow fitted in my attic as it is a onsuite shower and toilet i think about four years ago now and it went faulty the fault was it grinded but for a long time then stopped .the water was not going down fully so i checked to see how much it was too get someone to clear it and the price was up to two hundred pounds as i checked on the net and also checked that it was a messy job to unblock it but u can do it ure self if ure not fainthearted but mine now is running like it should be short bursts of water
on long and short flushs the way i see it is u get it dirty u clean it ure self it is a unpleasant job but once done just keep it clean oh by the way its toilet paper that blocks them as it gets stuck in the pump which i had to unclog :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back