Sanivite installation - solvent weld waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to put my washing machine in my cellar and will need a Sanivite to pump the waste water out.

The washing machine will be directly below its current location so it shouldn't be too hard but I have a couple of questions.

1. The manual says that I should use solvent weld pipework. I'm guessing that this means that I shouldn't use push-fit? But does this mean that I have to use solvent weld joints too? Or can I use compression fixings? I'm confident that I can work with the compression fixings, but I've never done solvent weld before. Is it difficult?

2. Can I just connect the waste from the Sanivite to the existing waste trap? Or do I need to do something special? Maybe I don't need the trap any more?

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately using solvent weld means using solvent weld joints as well.

They tell you that because the pump out pressure can blow compression joints apart.

And if you have a fan then you know what can hit it!

Solvent weld joints have to be made quickly but are very easy!

Tony

Has to be solvent welded joints with these things, as Tony has explained, anything else it'll blow apart! Solvent joints are simple enough to make, just get it right first time cos they aint coming apart again afterwards if made properly! (Have a look on Youtube, several video's showing how it's done.)

You wont need the trap, connection to existing waste should be fine provided it's solvent welded pipework, and there are no other connections onto it.

Hi,

Great, thanks for this. I did take a look on Youtube and saw some videos, looks simple enough. Seems like the trick is to make sure the ends are straight, deburred and clean - common sense really.

I can't remember how the trap connects to the soil pipe, but I should be able to sort it out - it's probably a compression fit at the moment.

One more thing, do I seal the waste output from the washing machine into the saniflow? I don't need to put a trap in between?

Thanks for the information,

Dan

Sponsored Links
I'd put a trap on the waste, or use a standpipe. Sani is likely to have some residue build up over time, soap scum etc, which may not provide the most tasteful of odours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back