Sash window jammer - keys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've bought a double glazed sash window on Ebay- great condition, just don't have the key to unlock the jammer. It appears that the key would need to be a tube, possibly hexagonal in shape. Can anyone suggest where I would get a replacement? No sign of a manufacturer on the window. Failing that, (carefully) hacksaw the entire jammer off, and install new ones?

TIA

Attachments

• 20190726_101608.jpg
    20190726_101608.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
is it a wooden window, or plastic?

Inside that round socket, it it a projecting hex peg?

Would you say it is around 4mm across? So a miniature socket spanner could grip it?

What's the diameter of the hole?

Thanks JohnD. Yes - projecting hex peg- will need to measure it tomorrow, but 4mm sounds about right.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks again. I've ordered a micro socket set from Amazon, as I couldnt find a female hexagonal key.

Does not look like a hex , looks like a hollow ended key with small pin to one side to engage in the cut out.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back