Satellite Cable through cavity wall

never drill from outside,,its easier to repaire outside than plaster inside

Not always true, surely pebble dash or old brick faces are more likley to pop than soft, sound plaster? Also outside in implies less dust in the house.
so how do we test from outside for cables or pipe work,,i have been in the satellite buisness for 20 years ,and now am a team manager for one of the largest satellite /aerial company in the uk .and if one of our engineers drilled frrom outside in they would be in trouble if they hit a cable or pipe
ok all our engineers are trained not to drill from outside in,simply because you can not check with any type of detector through a wall that is between 12in ans 3 ft thick!..most customers want the coax coming through the wall where all the face plates are i;e existing aerial socket and power sockets to keep neat,so it would be very dangerous to drill from the outside in

Your last point is valid but it isn't implied by your previous point.

I would be concerned about anyone drilling without checking both sides before hand!!!

Sponsored Links
ok all our engineers are trained not to drill from outside in,simply because you can not check with any type of detector through a wall that is between 12in ans 3 ft thick!..most customers want the coax coming through the wall where all the face plates are i;e existing aerial socket and power sockets to keep neat,so it would be very dangerous to drill from the outside in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back