Satellite Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice about satellite cable.
When we moved in a "sky" man ran a nice white cable around the outside of our house to our lounge, I have just decided to change it it black , as white looks bad, and decided to run 2 cables so sky + would be an option. The run of cable is around 25m long. My problem is that neither of the new cables gives a signal to the sky box, the old white cable still works. It is satellie cable from wickes, was this my mistake?
Is there a better cable to use and whats the longest run that will still give a good signal?
Am willing to pay good money , as I have just wasted a day running these 2 that dont work.
Thanks
Phil

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that you haven't got any stray strands of wire touching the inner core ?

25 meters shouldn't be a problem, I have no problems with a 40m run.

I have double and treble checked connection , was up and down ladder like a yo yo!!!
This has really annoyed me.

Sponsored Links
I have double and treble checked connection , was up and down ladder like a yo yo!!!
This has really annoyed me.

Should be ok, it's not the best, but it's what I used. Check the connections / faceplates etc again, otherwise duff cable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back