saturday night tv

Sponsored Links
In the 70s,80s - Only fools & horses, Fawlty Towers, Rising damp, Bless this House, George & Mildred and many more, don't make them like they used to do they. :cry:

The one still make me laugh Click me and double click where you see Bush and Blair's 'Endless Love'

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
is it just me or has saturday (& sun mon/tues/wed/thur/fri) night t.v. got really boring,gets a lot of little diy jobs finished off though :LOL:

Yes - entertainment for cheap white trash... :rolleyes:

But I don't get any jobs done... I just find I spend more time here!!!

I have Sky now, so I have 222 channels of rubbish to chose from ;)

I have been away pretty much every weekend for the last few months so haven't had a chance to see what is on on Saturdays. Although I will be trying it out this weekend.

After that, I decided to form a bit of a performing arts appreciation society amongst the young things at work... so will be dragging my chums out to see various operas and outdoor plays until October.

Has anyone seen anything worth seeing in London recently? Preferably cheap? And with appeal to both men and women (i.e. none of that willy-dancing those aussie blokes were doing!) :LOL:

To those of us on the forum who are refined and educated, my dear boy, that "willy dancing" to which you so crudely refer is actually known as "Puppetry of the Pen is".

Signed Crispin Critic.

.......Has anyone seen anything worth seeing in London recently? Preferably cheap? And with appeal to both men and women ......

Yep, the sign which tells me I am on the M4 heading West !! Which, when spotted in mirror is receding at 103 ft per sec !!

;)
P

103 feet per second? So you open admit here, as admissable evidence in a court of sham, that you speed?

Surely though, if you can read the sign to inform you "M4 West" in your mirror, then you are heading INTO London?

Reminds me of the song "I wish I were back on the farm", all about a hayseed's experience of the metropolis!

Anyway, to reiterate my past question, anyone know anything good worth seeing in London, that involves being in London for a period of time greater than the 2 seconds to read a sign, that doesn't involve puppetry of the pen is, marionettism of the min ge, ventriloquism of the v... You get my drift. Although the last two now seem vaguely alluring... Doubt I could get my feminist friends along to it mind.

AdamW said:
Has anyone seen anything worth seeing in London recently? Preferably cheap? And with appeal to both men and women :LOL:

I saw a fat bloke fall over in a comic way the other day, now that was worth seeing! i'm not sure if he could be persuaded to do it again though.

Lots of things to do in London, Cheap is relative...I think a travel card & sitting on the bus is one of the cheap things. If you have not been on the DLR thats worth a ride, have a walk round Greenwich. Walk from Tower bridge to Westminster. If you want to see a show 'We will rock you' . China town have a meal £5 all you can eat. I live in N London I love the place, my daughter lives in Lancashire & we have friends that we stay with in Malvern, both nice places to visit. I think where you live is very much related to where you are bought up & Job.

Plenty to see in London! the fine artwork on the pavements every friday and saturday nights, the free pavement boxing matches, and the sheepdog trials where they use vans instead of pens and the spot the train competition on your way home. beats the countryside anyday!

I always had great fun living in London, I miss the place. Spent a few years living round Kensington, Knightsbridge, Oxford Street. Great fun! But now when I go back the noise really hits me. You don't realise just how quiet it is in the sticks. But when I go, all my old pubs and clubs are there so I can have a fun night.

DLR is great fun, especially if you get to the front except you may have to shove a bit as everyone has the same idea!

The whole time I lived in the West-end I only went to one musical! Did plenty of rock gigs though. So, what I was really hoping for, was a bit of culture. Something where if you are sitting around with people who have a penchant for berets and reading the play reviews, you can say "ah yes, I saw that one, twas an ironic post-modern portrayal of the human condition and our ability to shift polarity under times of stress, if ever I saw one! So passé!"

I can't speak for the East-end (other than the Docklands) but I never really saw pavement boxing. Seems to be a lot worse outside of London, I know a guy who was walking down the street, a drunk girl came up and shouted at him, so a big bunch of drunk guys beat him up. "We don't loik you'm ginger'uns roond these 'ere parts!" :eek: Seriously, brawling seems to be affected by 3 factors:

1) How far from London you are
2) How much the local accent differs from RP
3) Newcastle

As each increases, the likelihood of a fight also increases. I believe there is a town called Newcastle in Australia, if my theory is true they must all just kill themselves and beat each other with the corpses!

Someone once told me "you're going home in a f**king ambulance!!!" Now, I don't think he thought that through. After all, it's hard enough to get an ambulance to hospital. I doubt the overstretched paramedics have the time to be giving lifts home to people. He should have said "You're going home in a f**king Volkswagen Passat!", as that was the type of taxi I went home in.

Sponsored Links
Back