TV Licence Renewal

Sponsored Links
How about you pay 86p a day. I pay nothing.... You can watch the BBC and I can't... That's better don't you think?
if someone is in genuine hardship i dont mind helping in the least
but they must be reasonably frugal with there priorities in the correct place similar to mine :D

How about you pay 86p a day. I pay nothing.... You can watch the BBC and I can't... That's better don't you think?

Dangerous talk that, personally I'd gladly up my NI insurance contributions if it was ringfenced for the NHS.

Dangerous talk that, personally I'd gladly up my NI insurance contributions if it was ringfenced for the NHS.

And so would I. I just don't get the out dated licence fee. I think the BBC is great. Possibly the best. But I'll do without it I have a choice with Netflix or Amazon prime... Sky or Virgin.

I personally think those who have paid in for the last 20 years or so should be given shares in the BBC. Instead of paying sky high wages... Pay us all in a profit share...

Sponsored Links
And so would I. I just don't get the out dated licence fee. I think the BBC is great. Possibly the best. But I'll do without it I have a choice with Netflix or Amazon prime... Sky or Virgin.

I personally think those who have paid in for the last 20 years or so should be given shares in the BBC. Instead of paying sky high wages... Pay us all in a profit share...

As I've said before, I fully support it being optional.

Not to mention to the 'crown jewels' sporting events that are FTA...

They are only free to air if you don't pay the licence fee.

The BBC pays millions for the events and so you are paying even if you don't watch them.

Surely it would be cheaper if you only paid for the events you want to watch.

So how much for example do you pay into/benefit from the NHS?

Would you rather adopt the US system of pay if you can, otherwise you're fc uked?

Oops, that's what you voted for...

Good luck in accessing any services when you're on your uppers!

Surely it would be cheaper if you only paid for the events you want to watch.
Surely you have checked out the 'pay per view' rates on Sky/BT/Amazon etc and compared it with BBC coverage?

And what about all the BBC radio stations and internet services...

Not to mention the innovations that they have brought in over the years...

As I said, ignorant people will only miss the BBC when it's gone!

Postie delivered my TV licence renewal letter today.

Seeing as they're promoting "going paperless" with regard to maintaining your TV licence, you would have thought they would act in a reciprocal manner when reminding licence holders?........

Surely you have checked out the 'pay per view' rates on Sky/BT/Amazon etc and compared it with BBC coverage?
Yeees - but they are not compulsory.

And what about all the BBC radio stations and internet services...Not to mention the innovations that they have brought in over the years...
Nothing I said affects that.

As I said, ignorant people will only miss the BBC when it's gone!
I don't want it to go.

I just don't - didn't - want them to pay (I as a licence fee payer to pay part), for example, 60 million for the Olympics, 60 million for football and 60 million for Wimbledon and the rest.

Either those things should be on the subscription channels or a BBC subscription channel.

Nothing I said affects that.

I don't want it to go.

I just don't - didn't - want them to pay (I as a licence fee payer to pay part), for example, 60 million for the Olympics, 60 million for football and 60 million for Wimbledon and the rest.

Either those things should be on the subscription channels or a BBC subscription channel.

Must admit, things like Wimbledon, FIFA world cup, etc should be on a different channel, subscription, fine, and that's from someone who would watch the world cup 24/7 but I completely accept that others have zero interest.

There will be other buttons on the contraption. Press them and it will reveal other TV shows.(y)
Standard fayre from Nose. As usual missed the point and has given himself a smiley face and a thumbs up. Nose presently standing naked in front of the wardrobe mirror doing Arthur Askey impressions chortling to himself. You're as witty as rabies in a dogs home mate. Give it up and put the 'thumbs up' back up the rusty bullet hole where it usually resides.

Subscribing to the BBC isn't compulsory...

I have a feeling that other people might have different ideas about what the BBC should broadcast...

The beauty of a publicly funded service is that it caters for everyone...

Not all of the time of course, but minority tastes are also included in it's output...

Personally I reckon the cost of the licence fee is a bargain...
And it's less than the cost of three starbucks skinny latte's per month!

How much do Sky/Virgin/BT cost per month?

And what value for money do they offer?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back