The BBC And The Licence Fee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dan Walker wrote on Tw@tter:

"it’s interesting to consider what would have happened if @GaryLineker had backed the government on twitter this week.
Would there have been the same backlash?
Would we be in this situation? "

The BBC continue to demand presenters have no political bias, while having political bias itself.

It also goes to great lengths not to mention or show product names in many situations, but in others, mentions them freely.

And it demands every household with a TV pays for a licence to use BBC products, even if using services not originating from the BBC, or using their free services (eg listening to BBC radio on a smart TV.

Thinking about it, I can't understand how that twisted legislation was ever introduced.

I can see more and more people refusing to pay.

I genuinely feel that many people will rise up and complain about the behaviour of the BBC and good luck to them!

Sponsored Links
I forgot to mention all the shenanigans around the Chairman and his dealings with Boris.

Carmen made the same point and yes, the backlash would've just as fierce.

This is the left fighting the left. If the result is close the BBC I'll be all for it.

I would stop paying the licence if the call went out.

Sponsored Links
I forgot to mention all the shenanigans around the Chairman and his dealings with Boris.
That has been nicely hushed up and moved out of the "news".

But seized upon a much lesser situation and thrown a lot of pressure at it.

I have always been a supporter of the BBC, whether I agreed with them or not, but disgusted at this latest scenario.

This is the left fighting the left. If the result is close the BBC I'll be all for it.

No. This is common sense and individuality versus control by the state.

Much much more than football programmes.

I think i'll watch the Rugby instead.
Always a good day to get stuck into the French.:p

Stop paying it. Then ignore them. Done that for a few years now. Netflix, Prime, YouTube and Streaming. We've managed fine without Easter Eastenders lol.

The BBC is terrified of privatisation, whatever tory's say they're delighted to have the beeb on the leash and it will stay that way. That's why they are so angry when people like gary lineker come out with some home truths.

Blup

The BBC is terrified of privatisation, whatever tory's say they're delighted to have the beeb on the leash and it will stay that way. That's why they are so angry when people like gary lineker come out with some home truths.

Blup

If you an employee of yours slaged you off would you forgive and get on?

If you an employee of yours slaged you off would you forgive and get on?
Lineker isn't an employee, he's a self employed sports presenter (or rather was), he's not employed for his political views, that's why he spoke on twitter. I know many people from builders to accountants who have kept right pita's on because they are so good at their job. I have rarely come across anyyone who has been sacked for being non racist. Maybe a problem for the BNP.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back