Driving licence renewal in lock down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My licence runs out on 9th March, so I went on line to renew it, so then sent a form where I need a photo and signature to say it looks like me, I know loads of people who could sign, but they all live 50 miles away.

I am considered as venerable so daughter doing all shopping, I just drive to her house and she loads it into my boot, so without going to a shop how do I renew my licence?

I do have a Falklands licence for life, can I just drive on that?

Sponsored Links
My licence runs out on 9th March, so I went on line to renew it, so then sent a form where I need a photo and signature to say it looks like me, I know loads of people who could sign, but they all live 50 miles away.

I am considered as venerable so daughter doing all shopping, I just drive to her house and she loads it into my boot, so without going to a shop how do I renew my licence?

I do have a Falklands licence for life, can I just drive on that?

Did you really mean 'venerable'?

Elderly friend suggests they extended expiry date of the licences last time, just as they extended MOT dates by 6 months. Worth checking.

Surely you know someone nearer to you than 50 miles? Can’t your daughter drop the form and photo off to them for signing? How about posting the form? Do you have a passport as they can link to them I think.

Had my photo all done at a post office you need a Post office that does digital driving licence.

Sponsored Links
Likely I can go to Llanfair post office, but that means going to a shop, told £21.50 which is nothing really, although since licence renewal is free so £21.50 for a photo seems rather excessive, but that does seem best bet. But really don't want to go to post-office. Don't care if £50 as long as I don't need to go into a shop. As to taking a photo with face mask on that also seems a problem.

I know I can get it renewed at a post office, but whole idea is to isolate, and will a photo with me wearing a mask be OK anyway?

If you have a smart phone with a camera then you can get passport photo apps for your phone.

I have two DSLR's so taking photo no problem, but no option to upload a photo using the on line renewal system. I went through the whole on line renewal only for them to send me a form to renew my licence. They want me to find some one of good standing to verify it is a photo of me, and that means travelling a 100 miles to where I did live to find some one who has known me for the years required, and not part of my family, which is just not on during lock down. Seems I am going to have to stop driving for a time until Covid 19 has gone. And once I stop driving then would need to use public transport which means over night stay to go from mid to north Wales to see people who have known me for the time required. And the railway at moment is shut due to Colvid so could not go if I wanted, whole situation is crazy.

I have two DSLR's so taking photo no problem, but no option to upload a photo using the on line renewal system. I went through the whole on line renewal only for them to send me a form to renew my licence. They want me to find some one of good standing to verify it is a photo of me, and that means travelling a 100 miles to where I did live to find some one who has known me for the years required, and not part of my family, which is just not on during lock down. Seems I am going to have to stop driving for a time until Covid 19 has gone. And once I stop driving then would need to use public transport which means over night stay to go from mid to north Wales to see people who have known me for the time required. And the railway at moment is shut due to Colvid so could not go if I wanted, whole situation is crazy.

You can get a solicitor to do the confirmation.

Sponsored Links
Back