Sauner Duaval - Repair or replace?

TCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've an old SD620F which has given years of good service and still produces lots of very hot water but now leaks like a sieve from the two rubber pipes on the left.

Should I repair it? If so, where can I get the rubber pipes from?

If replace it, can I get another SD to fit the existing connection plate and flue?

If not, what's a good combi boiler for a two bedroom flat? (not too expensive as I will be selling sometime).

Cheers,

Tim

Sponsored Links
If selling then get a good boiler with a long guarantee so that it becomes a selling point.

I would suggest a Viessmann with a 5 year guarantee but any boiler with a five year guarantee will suffice.

I think that Simon D who posts on here can offer either a Viessmann or a Vaillant with a five year warrantee.

I have rubbished Sonya Duval boilers for the last eight years and at last they have closed down their UK operation. Thats probably more as a result of the poor quality of their boilers rather than my concerted efforts!

I met a sales rep for S-D about last February and I asked him why he wanted to try to sell such aweful boilers. Quick as a flash he replied that he liked a challenge! Unfortunately shortly afterwards he would have been out of a job. Nice fellow and I hope he soon found another job.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Guys,

Many thanks for your replys. I get a quote for installing a Viessmann in central London.

Cheers,

Tim

I met a sales rep for S-D about last February and I asked him why he wanted to try to sell such aweful boilers. Quick as a flash he replied that he liked a challenge! Unfortunately shortly afterwards he would have been out of a job. Nice fellow and I hope he soon found another job.

Tony

The most recent SD boilers aren't so awful tony.
The themaclassic was a Glowworm cxi with a hint of vaillant ecotec. the xeon was a rebadged Xi or Vaillant 400, and probably the best boiler they did was the Enviroplus which had a Dutch designed heat exchanger& combustion arrangement and some vaillant water components. Unfortunately it was all to late as the earlier 620/623/thelias etc had ruined their reputation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back