Replace or repair a Gledhill Gulfstream ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a flat about 11 years old with a Gledhill Gulfstream gas boiler. This is a huge beast of a boiler and I understand the firm has gone bust and there may be future problems in getting it serviced and repaired.
Does anyone know the situation and how I might get it repaired in the future ?

I am looking for options to replace it with a simple modern condensing combi boiler. The boiler is currently situated at the back of the flat and there are two flue pipes that form a balanced flue that goes along the ceiling void space to an outside wall.
I would like to know whether the existing flue can be adapted for a modern combi boiler ? (otherwise it may be easier to re-site the boiler and provide a different pathway for the flue.)

Sponsored Links
These units were specified by architects because of the ease of flueing in new builds, some condensing combis can match the flueing arrangements but not all, better asking for a few quotes from recommended installers that cover your area , really needs a site visit to advise

They can be repaired, but the cost of repairs is often prohibitively expensive - parts are not cheap. Best to replace it if possible. It's not legal to re-use the existing flue on a new boiler, so re-siting it might be your best option

Hello,
I have a flat about 11 years old with a Gledhill Gulfstream gas boiler. This is a huge beast of a boiler and I understand the firm has gone bust and there may be future problems in getting it serviced and repaired.
Does anyone know the situation and how I might get it repaired in the future ?

I am looking for options to replace it with a simple modern condensing combi boiler. The boiler is currently situated at the back of the flat and there are two flue pipes that form a balanced flue that goes along the ceiling void space to an outside wall.
I would like to know whether the existing flue can be adapted for a modern combi boiler ? (otherwise it may be easier to re-site the boiler and provide a different pathway for the flue.)
Is there such a thing as a simple modern condensing combi boiler? :)

Sponsored Links
Hello,
I am looking for options to replace it with a simple modern condensing combi boiler.
What are you hot water needs?Bath? shower only? etc. Loom at a high flow Navien or an Intergas if the flowrate is less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back