saunier duval 30e system partly emptied needle didn't move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a lot of rust come out of my hot and cold tap and wc, the system was drained repeatedly and on filling eventually ,I realised I needed to put in additive so drained off about 3 litres in order to accomodate the additive.The needled didn't move at all and the rads when bled,didn't have any air in them,only water.The gas board said the rust in the system was caused by an outside source and not the boiler,so does the rust I had (nealy a bathfull) have some particular relation to my problem,which at the moment is that the rads are lukewarm,hot on on end but cold the other,even though both thermostat and the slave valve are open.Not all the rads are affected though about half.

Sponsored Links
If you are getting dirty water from your taps then contact the water supply company.

Your boiler presssure gauge is blocked and the system probably very heavily sludged as well.

Power flushing is the usual answer although other cleaning methods may work.

Tony

OK, that lot made little sense.

Radiator water and tap water should not be mixing.

You might have an old steel water main and the rust might be coming from a recent disturbance to that by the water company.

As for the rads not working... Could be a number of things.

OK, that lot made little sense.

Radiator water and tap water should not be mixing.

You might have an old steel water main and the rust might be coming from a recent disturbance to that by the water company.

As for the rads not working... Could be a number of things.
I
know it makes little sense,what I want to know is How tap water and radiator water mix? there is no rust coming from the main at all ,so that rules out local repar work.
The discoloured water was the colour of Heinz tomato soup.I would have thought there must be some connection somewhere that enables water from the boiler to overcome 3 bar mains pressure.

Sponsored Links
If you are getting dirty water from your taps then contact the water supply company.

Your boiler presssure gauge is blocked and the system probably very heavily sludged as well.

Power flushing is the usual answer although other cleaning methods may work.

Tony

Thanks for your reply,would this blockage prevent the filling loop from filling,as the number won't fill past 1 bar whereas it should be 1.5. I have left the loop open for 10 mins or so but it still doesn't fill as it should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back