Saunier Duval F30e problem (CH fine, HW tepid). Is this diaphragm usable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello (and thanks to anyone who replies),

The temp of the HW supplied by my boiler recently fell, and it also now takes much longer than before to get hot. If the CH is on at the same time as running the tap, though, the HW is as hot as it ever was.

Page 36 of the manual (link below) suggests the diaphragm is most likely to blame, so I purchased a replacement part.

Unfortunately, one of the washer-like discs appears to have been poorly punched out (pls see image) leaving raised burrs which prevent the next brass washer from sitting flush and the main rod from sitting squarely. I contacted the seller, got another part sent out, and it's got exactly the same "defect".

I appreciate it's a laborious 3-hour job to replace the diaphragm in this model (it came with the house), but before I even open it up, is the diaphragm shown actually usable given this apparent problem (or seeing as they both have the same issue, are they meant to be like this)?

Thanks again.

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Saunier-Duval-Semia-Condens-F30-E-3073466.html

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Anyone?

Is this too obvious a question, hence the lack of replies?

Comments greatly appreciated...

quite the opposite, it is not a simple question, I have changed that diaphragm in many boilers that use that diverter valve and have never seen the problem that you describe, to be fair the pics are not great and dont really show what you describe, I am guessing you bought these from Ebay, so many cheap imports on there, but cant really see what the problem could be

Thanks for replying.

The photo shows the problem where the bottom brass "washer" is being forced downwards (as we're looking at it) by the burrs on the silver "washer" above it (you can see it's out of alignment compared to all the others).

Where the centre of the silver washer has been punched out, 2 small pieces of metal have remained and instead curled over. They are now pointing downwards and are thus preventing the brass washer at the bottom from sitting flush to the silver one above it. I can't see how to explain that any better, I'm afraid.

I'm returning the parts anyway, so I guess it's a moot point now.

Sponsored Links
you dont say where in the UK you are, if you post it there might be someone on here close to you that can help you out, as said I have changed these on lots of boilers and can be a bit of a job for DIY to be honest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back